NGN Auction Update
In last week’s podcast, we spoke with Bruce Paynter with the NGN about the upcoming auction on June 1. He sent us this update along with a link to bid on items remotely.
Dear Northwestern Football Fans:
We are now on the verge of the big Northwestern Gridiron Network Spring Auction which kicks off at 5:00 p.m. on this Saturday, June 1 at Soldier Field. Every indication is that this will be a historic event – advance reservations have already smashed last year’s attendance figures which is only fitting in light of the upward trajectory of the Northwestern football program and the Northwestern Gridiron Network.
On-line registration and bidding on Auction Items has been brought back by popular demand. You can preview the entire Auction Catalogue (live auction and silent auction). However, please note that, with respect to the Live Auction Items, bids cannot be made other than by those in attendance at the NGN Auction on Saturday evening — no on-line bids can be made on Live Auction (although sending a proxy with your bid is always an option!)
To access the entire 2013 NGN Auction Listing, follow this link, by clicking it or pasting it in your browser:
If you are going to be at the auction in person, this is a great time to get a head start by registering your mobile phone or other device now. It will give you a chance to leisurely review the many great items and packages as well as the opportunity to make initial bids before Saturday.
For those of you who are unable to attend the Auction in person, you can also use the on-line system to participate in the bidding fun.
• Click on the link and Register
• You will get a welcome text message and there will be three ways to bid:
1. By Text: Text the 3-digit item number and the amount you are bidding. For example, if you are bidding on item 201, you will text “201 1000” (no dollar signs or decimals)
2. By Smartphone or iPad: Click the link in your registration text. It will take you to a personal bidding page. Click on an item and place a bid. When bidding in this fashion, you have an added option of being able to enter a “maximum bid” which will be the top amount you are willing to pay for an item. In this method, if you are outbid by another bidder, the system will take automatic action on your behalf by placing an automatic incremental bid to make you again the top bidder. This process continues until either you are the final top bidder or the bidding goes over the maximum bid you have entered.
3. If you’re at the auction in person, you can have the assistance of ABC staff who will be wearing red shirts. They will be happy to assist in the placement of bids.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR SILENT AUCTION WINNING BIDDERS WHO ARE NOT PRESENT IN PERSON AT THE AUCTION: You will be invoiced for the total amount of the winning bid and the shipping charges necessary to send your item to you. WE ARE UNABLE TO HOLD YOUR ITEMS FOR YOU ON A “WILL CALL” basis. Please take this into consideration when using the on-line bidding process.
In the event you have any questions about the bidding process, please contact by email at email@example.com
On behalf of the Northwestern Football program and the Northwestern Gridiron Network, we urge you to take this opportunity to join us in this great annual event.
Go Cats! —– The Northwestern Gridiron Network